History, Research, and Current Themes


"The world needed John Brown and John Brown came, and time will do him justice." Frederick Douglass (1886)

Search This Blog & Links

Translate

Friday, February 26, 2010

"I Will Continue to Advocate for North Country Assets": Assemblywoman Sayward's Response

Almost immediately after receiving my communication (see 2/25), Assemblywoman Teresa Sayward responded with the following email. We appreciate her prompt response and trust that she and other state representatives will fight for the John Brown Farm, particularly now that it has been announced that Governor Patterson will not be seeking election in the upcoming gubernatorial race.

Rev. DeCaro,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me with your concerns. This is, of course, a very tough budget negotiation period. I do appreciate the value of the John Brown farm and many other state owned sites in our region. The Governor's list does close the site, but I will continue to advocate for the North Country assets that contribute to cultural understanding and economic viability. I have seen the blog and looked at information on your writings.

Your advocacy will help immensely. I am working with the Chair of the Assembly's Tourism Committee as well as other very concerned Members. I hope you have also contacted your NYC Assembly representative, Danny O'Donnell. It is important that Members from across the state know how valuable and important the John Brown farm and other historic sites are to all New Yorkers.

Teresa

Teresa R. Sayward

Assemblywoman, 113th District

No comments: